A Piano? Great Idea.

Swept Under the Carpet for Years
Retiring early is something that I could only achieve with relative comfort in Bulgaria. Due to small pension I receive I have to live like most Bulgarians here on a very tight budget and no facility for materialistic desires. Luckily I been forced to practice that not just here in Bulgaria but in the UK the latter for reasons I will not go into.

However, there was one suppressed desire that was on my mind over the last few years. Music has had an important influence on my life in the past and I turned my back on that since leaving the teaching profession under the music coordinators banner. There are many times I reflect on my past musical activities and involvement. This gives a strong feeling and regret that part of me is being wasted by not fulfilling a need which was for some reason swept under the carpet.

A Digital Piano Solved a Problem
Moving to Bulgaria meant gave Galia and me a great opportunity of freedom. This meant that I could if I wanted to return to a musical world that I have evaded for so many years. I have many musical instruments, violin, viola, guitar, recorders, harmonica etc., but all would disturb neighbours if practiced here. What I really wanted was a piano, something I haven't played for countless years, even though I wasn't that proficient at it.

A piano? Surely that would create even more din for neighbours than the current repertoire of instruments in stock was the feedback I got from those I put the idea to. On the contrary I begged a digital piano would solve that problem as it can be used with headphones with just a little clutter of fingers on the keyboard that can be heard. So with that idea dwelling in our heads for a few months, I start savouring the moment of reliving music with the delivery of a digital piano imported from Poland.

Galia on the Piano
Since its arrival, it is with great endeavour and purpose spend at least and hour a day practicing piano technique with is based around scales, arpeggios and exercises provided from C. L. Hanon's Piano Virtuoso publication. Once the technique has been built up then I will start to work on piano pieces with a good foundation to springboard off. I must admit, the incentive to get out of bed  and practice after breakfast everyday is something I am really enjoying right now, even after two months of this routine.

So, a piano is now part of our home and as a piece of furniture look great as well. Galia was very nervous about a piano here until it arrived, but is more than happy with the idea now. Not least keeping me occupied for a while whilst she gets on with jobs in the home. Even more so now she can play Beethoven's 'Ode to Joy ' tune. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Awards

Expat Blog Award